Read The Tsar's Dwarf (Hawthorne Books)

Read The Tsar's Dwarf (Hawthorne Books)
"A curious and wonderful work of great human value by a Danish master." Sebastian Barry, Man Booker finalist (Click on the picture to go to the book's Amazon page)

Monday, July 11, 2016

I'm Cleaning House (Be Here Now)


I'm cleaning house.
Yesterday I threw out cardigans,
sun bleached T-shirts
and death threats from my dermatologist.
I even found a moldy cupcake
and some frozen love songs
in a corner of my fridge.
It was rewarding and fulfilling,
this purging of clouds,
memories, 
and recycled brain cells.  


I'm cleaning house.
Yesterday I forgave myself
for my countless imperfections.
I exorcised demons from the 12th century
and owned up to to the punch lines
that are tattooed on my biceps.
What a joy to let go of traumas,
unwanted DNA,
and anxious cobwebs.
Those museums have to close.
So arrivederci, farvel, fuck off.


I'm cleaning house.
Yesterday I stopped blaming others
for the echo chamber in my chest.
The past only exists in obituaries,
history books and arthritic elbows.
Remember, life is so beautiful,sacred, and nutritious.
So from now on
I'll reincarnate into my goosebumps  
and the gorgeous lover in my bed.
From now on 
I'll listen to the wind in the birch trees
that whispers, be here now.




*******
Copyright Peter H. Fogtdal, Danish Accent
Post a Comment